The Romero Firm can help you become a citizen of the United States if you meet certain eligibility requirements. While this application process may seem relatively simple, the assistance of a highly experienced attorney can be very valuable.
In order to become a United States citizen, there are requirements that you must meet (unless your case fits into certain exceptions):
- Must have been a permanent resident of the United States for a minimum of 5 years (3 years if you were petitioned by a U.S. citizen spouse)
- Must have lived “continuously” in the United States for at least 5 years immediately preceding the filing of your citizenship application (or 3 years if you were petitioned by a U.S. citizen spouse)
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government
- Must be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Our office will review your case and assess your eligibility to apply for citizenship and also determine if your case fits into any applicable exceptions. Sometimes, an unexpected obstacle, such as a past criminal conviction, can delay or prevent your ability to become a U.S. citizen. Our team is here to help you every step of the way. We can help avoid unnecessary delays or mistakes that may impact the application process.